Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Human Heart Nature Acne Defense Solution Gel

Since I've been trying to get rid of all the clutter in my room, and save some cash, it's been more and more difficult for me to justify buying products. However, one thing I'll need probably forever are anti-acne products and at P200 ($4-5), the Human Heart Nature Acne Defense Solution Gel was something I couldn't pass on.



Unfortunately, as I've lost the box, I've taken the ingredients list from their website.

Ingredients as taken from the website: aqua (water), Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf essential oil, levulinic acid (rice/corn-derived), glyceryl caprylate (coconut oil, palm oil and glycerin-derived), glycerin, dehydroxanthan gum, zinc lactate, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, p-anisic acid (anise seed-derived), phytic acid (rice-derived)

At first glance, it isn't expensive, but it actually comes out at P10/gram, so this isn't exactly cheap either. I used to use tea tree oil spot treatments either from zen zest or a private supplier and I'd consider this midpriced, though very affordable.  The pump bottle is a bit strange with the actual dispenser sticking out of the cover. It's not as hygienic but since I leave it on my dresser, it's not a big issue. I wouldn't recommend sticking this in your bag because while the cap insures that it won't spill, it could end up touching other things.




The gel looks cloudy when thick (as seen in the right side of the pic) but it's quite clear when thinner. It is easy to apply as it doesn't run at all, and I've had no problems controlling the amount of product dispensed from the bottle. While it takes around 10 minutes to dry fully, it does dry clear as a thin plastic-like film after dabbed on. However, I recommend using this product over a clean face since I can't really put anything over it after it dries.

It fares well enough on smaller zits and helps heal them a bit quicker than they would alone and with lest pigmentation afterwards. It is not very helpful for the larger ones though. The best thing about this product for me is that, unlike other spot treatments which remain wet for long periods of time (oils), bleach everything (benzoyl) or give weird colors (mario badescu/murad), I'm not afraid to go outside with this on. However, it does magnify larger, pus-filled zits in an unflattering way.

I don't think I'd rebuy this product simply because I find that the oils themselves have more uses than this gel does for the same price, and I'd like to find a product that targets both large and small zits. However,  I'd recommend this product if you're simply looking for a spot treatment for mild acne at a decent price.

No comments:

Post a Comment