Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: Bath & Body Works Sheer Freesia Body Lotion



Okay. I'm too lazy to list all the ingredients, but the first are water, glycerin, petrolatum, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone and fragrance. This is probably where all the moisturizing and scent come from. However, they do list these as pampering ingredients:

Conditioning Aloe Vera
Protective Grape Seed Extract
Nourishing Vitamin E & C

While I don't think these ingredients do anything at the amounts they probably are in (note that they all come after fragrance), it might have an effect... I haven't felt anything other than the standard moisturizing I get from other lotions.

What I love about B&BW is that their lotions mostly smell really good.  As you can see, this one is nearly gone. It's a very feminine flowery scent and it lasts for quite a bit. You can actually go out without perfume on a date night with this product. On the other hand, I feel that the scent is not as strong as Victoria's Secret lotions - nor quite as sensual? (brand imaging works sometimes). Honestly though, I prefer this over VS because of the less "girly" packaging. It's also easier to hold because of the curved, textured top.

Another nice thing is that you can see how much product you have and the slit-cap makes dispensing easy. While it is less contaminated than a screw cap, it's not as good as a pump-top apparently (performing around a flip-cap's level). However, pump top products, if they don't have a cover, tend to spill as I tend to throw them on the bed, which is where the former two have an advantage. Yes, sometimes, packaging does matter.

The consistency is neither heavy nor light. It takes a couple of minutes to sink into the skin but does not leave a greasy feeling. Then again, don't expect this lotion to do anything other than keep you moisturized and smelling like a freesia.

Since this is not a local product, it could be considered expensive compared to some lotions or depending on your supplier. However, I have a lot of B&BW stuff thanks to my mom and my sis on their trips. B&BW tends to go on sale a lot. Out of the ones I've been rotating right now, the list of what I prefer from most to least and why:

1. Sheer Freesia - girly, good for going out
2. Country Apple - fruity, for feeling good coz I love apples! I like the pinkish red color the lotion.
3. Twilight Woods - a bit too strong for me, apply sparingly
4. Coconut Lime Verbena - not fond of coconut so I use this as a hand lotion

The sad thing is that they tend to discontinue scents, so if you fall in love with one, you might think of hoarding these products. I'm not really in love with any of them, luckily.

Frequent hand washing is one of the best things you can do to prevent spreading germs/illnesses/whatever. But hands tend to get dry easily if you do this. Use a (hand) lotion when you can to keep them soft and silky!

No comments:

Post a Comment