Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% + HA

It's really hard to post with my computer on its last legs, but I can't help but talk about something not quite ordinary, The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% + HA.


Now I know that it isn't one of the brand's more popular products, at least here in the Philippines. But I do think that this product deserves a little more love than it has been getting.


Like its other counterparts, it comes in a minimalist clear bottle with a dropper for application. It doesn't stand out, and from what I've gathered, people skip straight to Buffet since it seems like a super charged version of this product. It is also one of the most expensive products in their line. I decided to test this one out first since it comes at a much lower price point.

The serum is clear, slightly sticky and sinks in completely in less than an hour when used by itself. Layering can be a bit difficult, as you have to delay a bit since the finish is a bit tacky. However, I've had no problems layering this over moisturizer and sunblock after waiting around 5 minutes for it to dry. I am not in a place to see wether it gives any line erasing effects but I have noticed that after 2 months of use, my skin is noticeably  smoother.

More than its alleged wrinkle reducing effect (which I have not seen, I repeat), I love how soothing this is. It really helped calm down my sensitive, irritated skin. I've tried it out both alone and sealed under a layer of Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream. It works fairly well alone, but it's absolute magic with the cream on my body. Red spots, gone.

I'd recommend this for those with sensitive skin, those who need a bit of soothing (maybe as an after sun treat), but maybe not for those who want solid, anti-wrinkle action. I feel this should be targeted for those in their mid to late twenties - a most underrated demographic.

I admit, I want to try Buffet. However, my funds are limited, the Peso is really weak right now and the Ordinary is hard to find in the Philippines for a decent price. I would actually be quite satisfied to repurchase this. I got this bottle for P700 sans shipping from a local seller. We'll see what I can get my hands on in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment