Saturday, February 27, 2016

Hua Mulan: Peachwood Comb

Or why I started using a wooden comb.

Hua Mulan Box

Looks pretty fancy!

I didn't actually mean to buy a Hua Mulan Comb. I was just looking for a wooden comb. Why did I want one?

1. Because I didn't want to buy a plastic comb. This is a value I'm trying to develop. I'm not really into the alleged benefits of it, though I believe it's less staticky and better at oil distribution.

2. To dissuade me from combing my hair while wet. I have this problem. And while it's bad to comb wet hair, it's doubly bad for a wooden comb.

Hua Mulan Peachwood Comb

I bought the cheapest one I could find… and it was this Hua Mulan comb that costs P140 (~$3). Kind of steep, especially since I know they used to sell this outside for far cheaper.

I've found that I actually like this comb. It's far simpler than its more high-end counterparts but it's quite different from a plastic one. I've found that I place a bit more thought into combing my hair, and not dropping the tool. I also like the way it smells and feels in my hand. It makes combing my hair just a tiny bit more enjoyable.

The down side? It catches and shows the yucky stuff (you know what I mean) far more than a plastic one. It's also a bit of a hassle to clean (since you can't really leave it wet).

Will I buy again? Probably not. I'm hoping this one lasts me a few years or so before I even think about buying a new one.

Tip: Inspect the combs. Not all of them are created equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment