Monday, October 19, 2015

Rainy Day Exfoliation Session

When it rains, I prefer to sleep in and relax with a hot beverage, but sometimes I get a strange urge to do otherwise… Sometimes, I like exfoliation. Why is this strange? Because exfoliation, by the very act of scrubbing, is an invigorating activity that makes me more alert and ready to meet the outside world. Something that doesn't usually happen, period.


As I am a slothlike creature, I am not a regular exfoliator by any means, but when I do, this is how it goes.





Step 1. Dry Brushing - for light exfoliation and increased blood flow. Use light, long strokes from the digits to the heart. Said to help with cellulite and lymphatic flow but I'm not a regular enough user. This part is the "rough polish" that gives me the energy I need to follow through with the next steps.

Step 2. Shower - use a mild soap or body wash to get that dirt off.

Step 3. Body Scrub - sometimes I use a salt scrub with water or a dedicated body scrub or even both. In this instance, I used Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub because I didn't want to use a lotion after. Though the instructions say to use on dry skin, I prefer using it on damp skin since I find it too harsh otherwise.

Step 4. Rinse - to make the most of your session, moisturise after.

I decided to exfoliate your my face while I was at it with a DIY oatmeal scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment