Saturday, September 5, 2015

Purederm Make-up Cleansing Tissues

One year ago, Nivea's facial wipes exploded across news feeds everywhere. However, I found them too big and too expensive to store in my bag for daily use. Luckily, I saw some smaller and cheaper alternatives in Watsons. One of these were Purederm's Make-up Cleansing Tissues.



I was, at first, hesitant to purchase this (over the in house brand) because of my previous experience years ago with the Make-up Remover Cleansing Tissues of agest past. For those who've never tried it, the originals were soapy and required water to remove. I'd always get a residue even after using quite a bit of water and would end up using another cleanser (this was way before oil/double cleansing was popular). 

Fortunately, this is extremely different from before.



No need to add water to this product, like most cleansing tissues today. I like that this doesn't leave any residue and has a cooling effect to match, which is very important if you plan on using it outside the house (especially in Manila). It's tiny and travel sized for everyday use: At P29 for 15 wipes, I'm comfortable with using it twice a day in manila heat for general sweat and pre-sunblock application.

This pack doesn't have a real scent, so if you like scented products, you won't like this. This is a basic product, no matter how many extracts they put in the end.

Main ingredients: water, propylene glycol and glycerin.

Of course, being a tiny pack means that the wipes themselves are tiny. One wipe will only cover half the face if actual make-up is being removed. Those who wear full faces might prefer the bigger wipes that do double duty as minor exfoliants. For those with minimal make-up and for general mid-day cleaning, this is a good option.

While I love that it's resealable, the cover is actually on the flimsy side so make sure it doesn't leak by storing it somewhere where it won't move around or in a waterproof container.

Will I buy this again? Maybe. I'd like to try to find a travel sized pack with a good seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment