Saturday, August 1, 2015

Cupcake Lab Peanut Butter Reese Cupcake

Cupcakes are a bit of a dying trend in the Philippines. People have already gotten tired of the cronut. I'm hoping the macaron will gain more popularity, especially since Laduree is coming to the Philippines (but that's another story). However, there's still a part of me that craves a cupcake now and then.

I then ended up getting a Peanut Butter Reese Cupcake (not sure if this is the real name) at Cupcake Lab for P90.

Peanut Butter Reese Cupcake
Why? I love me some peanut butter and Reese. And this did not disappoint.


As with all good cupcakes, it came in its own special box. Unfortunately, this was not able to spare it from all my manhandling (visible on the right). It's big enough to share among 2-3 people because it's a very rich.

 The cake itself is moist and heavy and there was a generous quarter of a Reese's Pieces on top. What iced the cupcake, so to speak was the frosting. It was a very rich peanut butter frosting that I suspect was just peanut butter. And it was good peanut butter.

It's nice to see that good cupcake places still survive. I'd buy here again if I were sure that I'd have someone to share the calories with.

No comments:

Post a Comment