Monday, February 9, 2015

Gluta-C Underarm & Bikini Skin Whitening Gel

I’ve been avoiding it long enough, but here it is: Gluta-C Underarm and Bikini Skin Whitening Gel. Why have I been avoiding it? Because, honestly, I’m not a very consistent user and it isn’t fair of me to talk about it without giving it a fair shake, metaphorically speaking.

However, since it’s been with me for a while now, I think that this is already about the most compliant I can be with this product, and this is what I’ve found compared to its claims:

Gluta-C Underarm & Bikini Skin Whitening Gel Box - Front

1.     Whitening – no, but it has been preventing further darkening. Some would say that I should be using it everyday twice a day for a long period of time to see the whitening effect, but I believe that part of what makes a product effective is how well people can stick to it. And try as I have, I can’t really stick to it.
2.     Delays hair growth – no, but my hair doesn’t grow quickly. More hirsute users might see a difference.
3.     Softens and smoothens skin – yes, it helps prevent unsightly bumps.
4.     Antibacterial – not sure. You can use it without an anti-perspirant and it will keep you fresh for a few hours, but not as well as one.
5.     Fragrance-free – yes. You’re actually supposed to use this product under a deodorant.


By the way, I’ve just been using it on my underarms, so it might be a different case for different areas.


Gluta-C Underarm & Bikini Skin Whitening Gel Box - Back
Now, this product is a water based gel, so it sinks faster than a cream, but not as quickly as I would like. I end up wasting time in the morning just waiting for it to dry so most days, I end up using this only at night. It doesn't seem to stain clothes, but I wait until it's completely dry before wearing anything with sleeves.

I haven’t seen the whitening and hair growth delay on once a day application. Since I can't get to perfect-use, I can just say that at my usual-use, it has no whitening and hair growth retarding effect. However, since it does reduce friction between skin, it might prevent further skin darkening and have a "lightening" effect on some people.


What I do like about this product is that I can use it the next day post wax as it’s perfectly sting-free and soothes the redness that remains. I end up using this as a deodorant for a few days, so I do see value in it: but not as a skin whitener. It also comes in a tube, which makes it very hygienic.

Gluta-C Underarm & Bikini Skin Whitening Gel


Will I repurchase this? Maybe, At P200, it works quite well as a post-wax product without the heavy price tag, but I don't see myself finishing this tube anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment