Friday, February 8, 2013

February: Finished!




Things I’ve Recently Finished: *

1.     Avon Breathlessly Sunflower Lotion: This is a good option if you’re on a budget. It has a very nice scent (sunflowery? - very feminine) that lasts and hydrates the skin well enough. It’s actually a thin lotion so it's best to use it during summer, or use it as a quick hand lotion. I don't feel very guilty using a lot of this product since it's not that expensive.
2.     Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleansing Foam (a real review here): It was nice while it lasted.
3.     Colgate Fresh Confidence with Strips of Whiteness: I like this toothpaste because it leaves my mouth with a minty feeling that's not as strong as some of the other toothpastes I've tried. I like the "strips" but they're more like little pieces of rock candy for me, the texture is nice but what does it do? I didn’t see a difference in the whiteness of my teeth; I’m not actually sure this is a whitening toothpaste, but it markets itself as if it were. Have you noticed that Colgate keeps saying that all its toothpastes whiten teeth, freshen breath and fight cavities? I did not see any effect on my teeth. As I am an avid coffee and tea drinker, I did not actually expect any whitening, but my teeth actually seem yellower now (so I wouldn’t count on it being whitening at all). This toothpaste has 1450 ppm and no triclosan.
4.     Pantene Pro-V Nature Care Conditioner: Another blah conditioner.  First three ingredients (because I’m lazy) are Water, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone and Stereayl Alcohol. Nothing very natural to me; the “blend of naturally derived ingredients” are low on the list, though it doesn’t have any parabens. I think I didn’t like this conditioner very much because the color reminded me of mucus (when you have a slight infection). It’s a light green color… but at least it washes of easily enough (I’m not sure how I feel about the fact that most conditioners list water as the first ingredient).

On another note, have you tried Clara Ole’s dressings? I’m quite fond of the Vinaigrette Pesto. It’s 200 kCal per serving (2 tbsps) and is oil based, but I love pesto. J

-SS

*No pictures. Lack of decent camera woes, as usual. Plus I’m lazy (see my name).

No comments:

Post a Comment