Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tarragon Tea

Today was my first time at Sonya's Garden! Sonya's Garden is a popular garden/inn in Tagaytay, Philippines. I was fortunate as the flowers were in bloom at this time, so I recommend that you go there before the flowers fall. Aside from the garden and inn, there is a restaurant, spa and panaderia (bakery).

I was able to take a look at a room at the inn with my family, and it looked amazing (go to the site for pictures). Unfortunately, I coudn't possibly afford the rates if I were to go with my friends. :(

I didn't end up in either the spa or restaurant, but at the panaderia: the cheese hopia and scones are a must try.

What I did end up buying was a pack of tarragon leaves. As soon as I went home, I made this:



Tarragon Tea!

1. Pick 5-6 leaves and put them in the bottom of a cup. Mine came in a bunch so I dumped the entire thing without checking how many leaves there were.

2. Add enough boiling water to cover the leaves and swirl for a few seconds.

3. Discard the water and add enough water to fill the cup.

4. Steep for 5 minutes

Tarragon tea smells like rootbeer :O

2 comments:

  1. I love Tarragon tea! But maybe it's because I love rootbeer. <3 -Dom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I love rootbeer more. Given a choice, I'd choose rootbeer, with vanilla ice cream.

    ReplyDelete