For those who handle icky smelling substances all the time:
1) Rub petroleum jelly or a lotion on your hands so the smell won't stink so much. Make sure to put a lot under your fingernails; they tend to trap all the icky stuff you might not get when you wash your hands.
2) Use gloves and make sure they fit well.
3) Wash hands thoroughly with an anti-bac soap. If possible, use a nail brush to take out the stuff the soap and your own finger nails can't get (make sure to wash the brush afterwards!)
4) This is optional. Use a hand sanitizer or alcohol (if it smells icky, it might be icky)
5) Moisturize with a hand lotion.