Monday, September 21, 2009

Why I don't like smoking

I do not like smoking for four reasons. It is bad for smokers, non-smokers, the economy and the environment. Smokers and non-smokers have to deal with the different types of smoke (first, second and third) with the poisonous chemicals within it. The amount of money spent on smoking related damage far outweighs the tax collected from it, not to mention the loss of productivity. Finally, smoking, aside from being a fire hazard, is a source of a lot of unnecessary garbage in the form of cigarette butts.

You may not care about your life, but I care about mine. Say no to smoking.

2 comments:

  1. What about those who use other things as an alternative to cigarettes. Not all smokers like smoking. Some may have wanted to stop the habit, but can't... do you have any tips for those who want to quit it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply, (I'm promising myself to look at blog comments...) I'm not a smoker myself, so I wouldn't know how to quit. However, the first step to stopping is wanting to quit. For those who want to quit smoking, research! I know someone who was able to quit cold turkey (after realizing how it affected his child), but that's not the usual route (or so I've heard).

    Nicotine patches and the like are a start to reduce the physiological addiction. But I believe the best thing to do is to use behavioral conditioning (punish self for smoking and reward self for not smoking) to get rid of the psychological addiction. Also, look into changing your environment (friends who smoke might induce you to smoke yourself).

    ReplyDelete