Monday, June 3, 2019

CosRx Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion (with Birch Sap)

CosRx is a fairly known brand in the Philippines for their acne range. I have been using a bunch of things from them, and I've found their products to be hit-and-miss, with a bit more on the hit side to recommend them. Fortunately for my skin, something that I've been enjoying in their range is their Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion.



Formulated with Birch Sap (Betula Platylphylla Japonica Juice), I originally thought this would be a basic moisturizer, albeit an oil free one. However, I've been pretty pleasantly surprised to see that it's more than that.


This moisturizer is a calming gel-cream that cools, hydrates and soothes skin. It somehow brings down the daily inflammation you get during the day: I personally didn't notice how much it helped until I stopped using it for a while and found my skin just a little bit worse for it. Sadly, I still can't use it when my skin goes crazy sensitive, but it has been a big help for day to day use.

The brand recommends this for use with its acne actives, and I feel they did a good job with formulating this. It works well with anti-acne products, soothing irritations both inflicted by life and self-inflicted by skincare. I've had no problems using this for both day and night: It's light enough for the morning and heavy enough in the evening, and it's quite easy to layer if needed, leaving a smooth finish due to glycerin and silicone.

Aside from the birch sap, this contains butylene glycol, glycerin, dimethicone betaine and cetearyl alcohol as the first five ingredients. Nothing in the full list irritates my face, but this does contain both lemon peel and tea tree oil so you might watch out for that if you have those sensitivities.

 This product is around Php 900 - 1,000 at online stores. It's not cheap, but the price isn't bad for a good 100 ml of product that lasts a long while.

I have sensitive oily skin and I have no problems with this. I'm not sure how well those with drier skin types will fair but I'd recommend anyone looking for a moisturizer to give this a shot, especially if you have other actives in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment