Saturday, May 4, 2019

Nivea Extra White Serum Antiperspirant

Revisiting Nivea's Extra White Serum, the Armpit Edition! Because while I do like the body lotion, I was ambivalent about this when it first came out years ago.



So in the theme of retrying old things this year, I tried Nivea's Extra White Serum Antiperspirant for the second time.



What first caught my eye both then and now was the pretty pink-white pearlescent glass bottle which was nice to look at and touch. This is the heaviest underarm item I've tried to date! I think I bought it for a bit under Php 100 for 20 ml. It's not a bad price for what you're getting, with the packaging alone making it worth it IMO. I think the 40 ml version offers a better value for money. However, this lasted less than 2 months on me, and while I'm travelling to hard to reach areas, I'm wondering how I'm supposed to dispose of it (serious 3rd world problems). IDK if this delivery is better or worse for the environment than plastic, honestly...

Anyway, this is a serum and with the roll-on, you deposit a thin layer on the skin that dries pretty quickly. I did not call it a 48 hour antiperspirant because it fails at around 4 hours on me, and in 6-8 hours, bacterial effects (i.e. stink) shows.

I find that my skin tends to peel more with this on than without, but I'm not sure if this is an intended effect. My skin doesn't look whiter per se, but it is a little brighter and more sensitive, which makes me think that you should really be layering this (or any other pit whitener, really) with a lotion to be in truly effective, but I do see the potential thereof and I do think it could work on some people.



Base ingredients are water, aluminum chlorohydrate and isoceteth-20. You get a bunch of hydrating and emolient ingredients with some vitamin C thrown in. I do like the ingredients list, and I can see myself seeing results with longer use, but don't think I will be repurchasing because I have no idea how I'm supposed to get rid of it...

Glass is pretty, but how much better is it than plastic packaging in a place with next to no recycling facilities?

Anyway, I'd prefer it if the brand ditches the 48 hour claim. Otherwise, I do recommend those with darker pits to give this a try... given you have no disposal issues :))

No comments:

Post a Comment