Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Caronia Touch of Beige



You'd think I'd have enough of neutral nails, but I picked up another because I found that I'd already made a visible dent on my last nude nail polish and that I travelled out of town without it. I searched the supermarket shelves and found a neutral similar to Chic's Mod Beige. So how does Caronia's Touch of Beige fare?



First of all, even if I bought it for a trip, I wasn't able to use it on said trip because it took me a while to open the bottle. I curse my weak wrists often, but I'm pretty glad no one's tried to open it.





I thought both beiges would be similar though they looked a bit different from the bottle... but actually, they're two very different colors. Caronia's Touch of Beige is warmer, brighter and a bit more orange than Chic's Mod Beige. I am not sure if its due to the age difference, but I find the formula significantly thinner, and therefore less opaque, as seen below (forgive the unkempt nails).



Thumb and middle finger: Caronia Touch of Beige
Index and ring finger: Chic Mod Beige


I actually like the thinner formula more since I find lighter colors do better with thin, multiple layers. However, I prefer Chic's color more since the orange tones make Caronia's shade very noticable, compared to its counterpart. However, I do find the color quite tasteful and still work appropriate... especially at its crazy low price tag.

In short, to me Caronia's Touch of Beige is a pretty nude you notice, while Chic's Mod Beige is a pretty nude you wont (my nails but better).

As of now, I can't recall how much each polish costs, but I am pretty sure it's less than Php 50 for either. However, Caronia has 8 ml of polish while Chic has 20% more at 10 ml

No comments:

Post a Comment