Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Espoleur Mascara from Daiso in Purple

Monkey see, monkey do. I've been watching a Chinese drama where the female lead sports blue mascara. And seeing a positive YT review of Daiso's Espoleur Mascara, I decided to buy this baby in purple.



Boy, was that a bad idea.



To start with, I really like the color purple, so I liked the packaging at first sight. Unfortunately, the Daiso I bought it from didn't have testers so I wasn't sure about the color payoff. Still, At Php 188, I didn't feel too bad about spending without seeing what was inside.



I opened the tube and saw the curved wand. I like this wand because it helps with the curl. Unfortunately, on close inspection, it already looked problematic.

I swatched it and, yerp, the formula was WAYYY too dry! It took me around 10 swipes of me scratching at my skin to get that build up.



Was it old stock? Was it a dud? IDK. I still tried to use it.

I layered it up and while I got longer, thicker, lashes, they were also clumpy and uneven. The product actually prefers to stay on my wand than on my lashes. On me, the color doesn't show up much, unless I really build it up, coating both the bottom and top of the upper lashes. I think it'll really pop on those with lighter hair colors.



The mascara is waterproof, so it does last long on the lashes. But I feel grumpy since I'm not very pleased with its application so removing it just doubles my annoyance with it. But I would normally love waterproof products.

I don't know if my terrible experience was because I got an older product, but that'll teach me to buy something without a manufacturing/expiration date.

Anyway, I definitely won't repurchase this, and will stay away from Daiso skincare and makeup for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment