Saturday, January 12, 2019

Revlon Matte Balm

Less than a month ago, I showed which products I repurchased for use this year. One of my repurchases was a different shade of Revlon's Matte Balm.



I know this is a really old product, but I really like this balmy lip crayon.


Just to show how much I've been using, here is a side by side comparison of the shade I've been using for far less than 6 months (September-October ish?) and the repurchased one, which I've already used twice. When I twist up fully, i think I have at least 75% of the product left! Thats a lot of balm to go through.

The balm goes on very smoothly and looks a fair bit more shiny than a velvet matte on me, sans blotting. It's almost like a cream lipstick with a far pointier tip! I'm very proud of myself for not blunting this tip, unlike I did with my first stick (big mistake). The pointy tip makes application so much easier. With blotting, color can be built upon and some colors leave a stain, though not very long lasting (a fuschia one I had long before definitely stained while my newest shade doesn't seem to). However, a quick swipe will last around 3-4 hours if you don't disturb it. There is a faint minty scent, which I love. This does not dry my lips, and I use it as both balm and color. Best of all, it often goes on sale from its near Php 800 price tag to somewhere around half off.

It's a pretty great tinted lip balm I'll probably be keeping in my bag for a long while. The only drawback I have for it is that it can be quite hard to remove the plastic packaging before hand.

Swatch and try before you buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment