Saturday, December 8, 2018

Mediheal WHP Shower Capping Pack

Watsons had some sort of mask + pack promo, which lead me to try Mediheal's WHP Shower Capping Pack. Since I already knew that I like Mediheal sheet masks, what could be the harm in trying?



Famous last words... for me.



First of all, this is the first time I've heard of a shower capping pack, and this did not come with English instructions! But I saw it was basically what I thought of as a wash off mask though and I applied it after my shower and let it sit for 15 minutes.

You will get an opaque, grainy cream that doesn't spread easily. This was adequate at some times, but a bit too much when my skin was in a more sensitive phase. After washing, my face was noticeably brighter, but a tad drier than it was before I started. Looking at the ingredients list, it is a drying product with alcohol as the second ingredient, kaolin as fourth and actual walnut shell powder. Which makes this a clay mask with some exfoliating capabilities.

As a side note, I dislike the current trend of naming super long products. And with how long the name of this product is already, why they didn't actually add it as such.

On the bright side (heehee),  I could definitely see that my skin was brighter afterwards. And, sensitivity aside, that this didn't give me zits. But I did have to layer on the hydration after using this product, unlike other clay masks (see previous innisfree clay mask review). And I really didn't like how scratchy it was on my face when my skin was a bit more sensitive. More resistant skins will not have a problem with this.

Will I continue to use it? Yes! This product has a noticeable effect at first use. So there is value to using this.

This product is actually resealable, but I'd have preferred a screw type seal as this seems to be packaged as something portable, given the hole it has on top. I also prefer to store it in a certain way to avoid any accidents, and I definitely wouldn't want to bring this around in my bag.

Will I repurchase? No. Because I really don't like to use walnut shells as a physical exfoliant on my face now that I'm older, wiser, and more sensitive (which is sad because I do love my St. Ives Apricot Scrub). As for brightening, you can use other products that will give you the same effect: try the brightening mask from the same brand. ;). However, those who want 2-in-1 products that aren't scared of the physical exfoliation might want to give this a try because it does pack a punch! Drier and more sensitive skin types might want to reconsider.

I actually don't know how much I paid for the mask + pack promo (I think under Php 200?), but the mask itself retails for Php 149. It's a relatively good value as at 15 ml, you are paying around Php 20 - 30 per use compared to a sheet mask from the same brand that will set you back a lot worse.

Yays
- Brightening
- Good value

Nays
- Drying
- Scratchy

In summary: This is a brightening clay mask with palpable shell powder that is a bit drying, but offers good value for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment