Monday, July 16, 2018

VMV: ReReview: Superskin 3 Toner and Moisturizer.

If you backtrack my blog through the years, you'll see that I've been a fan of their products... but not their prices. Such that though it pained my heart, I stopped buying since it hurt my wallet.



However, during one of their sales ages ago, I decided to buy again during one my bad face days....

And some things change, some things stay the same.



The monolaurin moisturizer feels the same as it did before. I wasn't a big fan years ago, and I'm not a big fan now. And like the store, let's face it. This is a basic product with a (probably) little extra antibacterial oomph. As someone who prefers actives in everything, this is not that appealing. However, this is a very good basic moisturizer that doesn't irritate my face on my bad days. It does its job well and I'm 100% confident it won't exacerbate any irritation.

For a while, I was wondering if I would shelve and save this for bad days, but I started to use it with my vit c powder instead as it is an oil free formula. No problems with that.

I probably won't stock this, but it is still an option for me in the future.

On the other hand, the superskin 3 toner is a long way from its previous incarnation as a clinda+retinoic acid toner. THAT was DA BOMB. This... well, it has an undisclosed amount of mandelic acid and a whole lot of alcohol. Which means that this works, but it's a very irritating product, and that I've never been sure if the sting on my skin is due to the alcohol or the acid. It is A BOMB on my face, nuking everyhing in its path.

I can't do anything but hydrate on top since it's so irritating. It is great to use in conjunction with make up remover since you're sure everything is off... but there are better ways!

I'm probably not going to buy this until they reformulate again with less alcohol and more disclosure. It's been so long since I purchased, that they've raised prices again! Thank you TRAIN.

I think each currently retails for P1000 each.

Note: VMV ups their prices constantly. Will blame TRAIN this once because of other price ups I've noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment