Thursday, July 12, 2018

UCC Variety Pack Review

Whenever someone in the family travels, I am grateful when they return with a new drink for me to try. Last family member who travelled came back with a UCC variety pack.


Naturally, when I saw there was a piece of blue mountain coffee, I tore into it and claimed it for myself.



You get 7 coffee variants, 2 of each by color, listed below, aside from 1 each of the blue mountain (blue) and the brazil (light green).

1. Mocha blend (red)
2. Kilimanjaro blend (dark green)
3. Zambia (yellow)
4. Columbian blend (light blue)
5. Charcoal (black)

A total of 12 servings per pack with 7 different varieties.

I will save that for a later date, but got to try the zambia and the mocha blend. Right now. Lol.

The zambia blend is sweet, nutty and delicious. The mocha blend is sweet and bleh with noticable lack of bloom. It is a bit better than the  Brews Co flavored blends but the mocha blend is inferior to its specialty blend version (green). This is an "aroma rich" pack so both smell good, but let's face it ...instant decaf coffee smells good too...

I have high hopes for the other blends, but there may be a few other duds (I'm looking at you charcoal) so beware: at most only 10/12 of these will be good.



Each is a single serve pack good for 1 cup with 140 ml of water. The construction of each is sturdy and very japanese: you won't need scissors at all. Packaging is much better for this than their specialty blend since that one tends to dip WITHIN the cup leaving you with very little space for the actual coffee drip, leaving me with an espresso's worth of drip coffee. Something I got super frustrated with. Urgh!

All in all, this seems like a decent coffee pack. If I ever run out of single serve coffee packs, I'd take this over their  specialty blend. For those who don't have access to ucc coffee, there is also another brand that makes great single serves. ;)

Edit: tried the other mocha which bloomed okay. Wasn't able to taste it though :(Maybe the first one was just a lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment