Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Belo Sunexpert Tinted Sunscreen

I have been using this product on and off for the past 6 months, granted more off than not. Last month, I saw it exploding across youtube as a possible foundation... and since it IS tinted, then you can probably use it as a foundation with sheer coverage (idk why that was even a question).



However, can you really use it as a sunscreen (as its name so blatantly states)?




Yes, you can but....

You have to be a pretty close shade match!

I know people that use this on "lazy days," when they want to use it as both sun protection and face cover, but I see that they tend to sheer out the product because of how watery it is and as it may be a different color to their skin tone. But if you want to use it as a sunblock then you should put the same amount on as you would your regular one!

At first, this was impossible for me, but then I found out I could use it after a significant amount of tanning. :P

Apply at least 2 layers on with your fingers with some time in between to let dry. This is a runny sunscreen, so you know you're not getting the desired amount of sun protection with just one layer on. I sometimes apply 3 thin layers just to make sure I'm covered.

Remember: If you have to buff it in or sheer it out, then it's not the right sun protection for you.

I normally don't buy tinted sunscreens since I know I'll fall into the trap of using far less than I need.

For me, when it wasn't a good shade match, I could see some streaks which required me to blend it out with a sponge the first few uses (as base makeup). After I tanned (and with a bit more uses), I could blend it out with my fingers alone and used it as a sunscreen for around a week. After which, I became too light for this method and resumed using it as a make-up product.



On top: Unblended Belo Tinted Sunscreen in medium to deep (Left). Blended version on the right. I used a bit less than half of the amount on the left to get the right. It's a watery consistency so it spreads out quite a bit. You can see that it gives a brightening effect and the sheer coverage.

The product is scented and uses chemical sunscreens, so it doesn't give a white cast, but it is a bit lighter than my skin, giving it a "brightening" effect. I like that it dries down on the matte side but gives a little bit of slip on my oily skin. I'm not sure how drier skin types will fare. Coverage is light but it didn't melt off my face after 4 hours.

This product didn't break me out so I will continue using this up. This was gifted to me, and I probably wouldn't repurchase since I'm not a fan of scented base make-up; I do not see myself using it as a sunscreen anytime again soon; and I am hoping my skin will be good enough to not need much make up in the future.

Still, if you're looking for a lightweight face cover with a little bit of extra sun protection, this is a decent bet. If you're looking for a tinted sunscreen, this will work as long as you're the right shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment