Friday, April 20, 2018

Acne Patch Alternative

Half dinished another article before realizing I cannot post about it due to reasons. Hayz. Instead, here is my alternative to those expensive acne patches!



After all that money I spent for less than 2 weeks of patches during a flare, I decided to go for something cheaper. At first this meant going on shoppee to look for patches. But I still needed to make that P500 for free shipping.

But then I decided to go to my local pharmacy and I got this instead.


Hehe. Instead of buying an acne patch per se, I decided to cut the carp and buy the original thing: a hydrocolloid dressing! This is what those patches actually are. Because why bother paying more than 10 pesos per patch retail when you can get it for around P1 per patch?

Well, two things. One is the convenience because you still have to cut these individually. In addition, it isn't packaged singly so there is some dificulty peeling it (like a sticker). Two is that these aren't as cosmetically appealing as day patches.

However, they do have good absorptive and sticking power and it will last a long time. I guess I will never get to try out those CosRX patches then...

The Betaplast Hydrocolloid Patches are 10x10 cm and cost P150 at Mercury Drug. Prices will probably vary per pharmacy and brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment