Thursday, November 2, 2017

Snoe Under Armed Forces Whitening Natural Deo Spray

Honestly, I bought Snoe's Under Armed Forces Whitening Natural Deo Spray because I wanted a whitening deodorant and found a good ingredients list... but mostly because I have been lemming for Illuminants but VMV's version was too expensive for me to try. ALSO, most brands I've tried have failed to deliver, so I decided to step away from the grocery for now. This spray product has been around for a bit but the packaging is different from it's original iteration.




This product is 499 for 50 ml, but I bought it on sale (duh!). It'd be too much for me normally for a mere 50 ml because I really don't scrimp when I use products. I do like that it's shape is small and compact, and that I can travel with it. This spray has been on a plane and back with no issues. The spray mechanism is strong (for now) and even. Easy to pick up and use with either hand. I spray around 6 to 8 inches away with 2-3 spritzes per pit.

I've used up around a third of the product in one month.

On one hand, this product keeps me dry. This is hands down, the best at keeping my pits dry without going into clinical strength labelled products (at least of what I've tried so far). However, I find that I start sweating (but not stinking) if I do a workout. While I wasn't able to try this in the heart of summer, it's perfect for this season. The smell is sweet with lemon-orange notes, but it dissipates quickly. You have to dry this in front of a fan.

Which brings me to my other hand.

According to their site from October 2017, these are the ingredients:

Aqua, Potassium Alum, Ethyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/ Leaf  Extract (and) Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract (and) Acer Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar  Maple) Extract (and) Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Extract (and) Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Extract, Morus Alba Root Extract, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Citric Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance

One of the things which annoy me is the insistence of most brands to label something a deodorant. They keep forgoing the label of antiperspirant, even if they contained aluminum salts, which is true about my last pit protector.
This product uses potassium alum, a deodorant. It's not supposed to make me this dry. It also seems to contain ethyl alcohol. I therefore think that this is actually drying out my pits. Especially since whitening ingredients are also somewhat drying.  Thus, I've started increasing my moisture levels. I would suggest using more lotion on the area than normal at the very least. I also think I should have bought the cream as well. Any possible gains the whitening ingredients have are probably offset by the increase in friction with how dry the area gets if you do not lubricate properly. After this realization, I have seen a slight improvement on one pit in combination with occasional kojic acid use. The other one, sadly, is as dark as ever.

If you are willing to layer over this for potential gain, buy this. If not, a more moisturizing one will be a safer bet to avoid skin darkening.

Would I buy this again? It depends. I think I'd like to try this again in combination with the cream. But I'll wait for a sale first ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment