Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Nichido Eye Pencil in Black and Brown

A few months ago, I purchased Nichido's Eye Pencil in Brown and Black. Honestly, I bought these originally for costume contouring purposes, but I've ended up using them a few times after, and here are my thoughts.



At P37 apiece, these are pretty cheap, though you do get a half sized pencil so in the long run, a longer pencil with a similar price point might be better. They both worked quite well for my costuming needs (hair and muscle contour), but on my actual face, not so well.

Well to be honest, the black isn't bad. While it doesn't deepen to a true black without a whole bunch of layers, it does color the eyelid well enough. It is a bit patchy so you have to get over bits a few times to get it right. It is very smudgy, so I like to smoke it out to get the most out of it.


From the bottom, black: one swipe light, one swipe hard and crazy amount of swipes hard in black. From the bottom: one swipe, light, one swipe hard, one swipe light 5 swipes light and multiple swipes hard.

The brown is an absolute nightmare and no amount of pressing will attach it to my eyelids. And I tried my hardest. I was able to use the brown on my eyelids and it successfully both colored and tamped down my eyebrows, as you can see in the hand swatch. It does make a some color when pressing like mad.

Both pencils are waxy and don't break easily. However, the brown is waxier and the black is more powdery. Both come easily off with make-up remover. I have not tried to see how long this will extend but both pass the 4 hour mark on me.

I'd continue using these two, just because it would be wasteful not to. I'd recommend the black for the eyelids if you're on a budget and you want an easy smokey eye. You can try the brown on eyebrows but not on your lids. However, if looking for an eyebrow pencil, I do recommend trying Ever Bilena's eyebrow pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment