Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sun 2017

I know this doesn't seem very relevant now since Summer has come and gone... but sun protection is always relevant, especially in tropical climes. I also know I'm awfully inconsistent, as usual, but I have been a good deal better at keeping myself protected.


This year, I have been using this 3 products to keep me safe from the sun.



1. Biore UV Aqua Rich Smooth Watery Gel SPF50+ PA++++
I absolutely love this. It's a thin, lightweight white gel that smells slightly of alcohol. This dries down very quickly and gives no cast. You can feel the barrier on top of the skin when you touch it, but it feels soft and smooth. Very good for the price point. I will probably repurchase unless I am directed to something at the same price with equal elegance... which probably won't be happening any time soon.

2. Vaseline Healthy White SPF 30 Serum
Smells like standard vaseline products which means this is how I smell like since I slather it all over my body. I'm not too fond of it but it isn't bad, per se. It's a runny lotion as well and it blends and sinks into the skin easily. I had a hard time looking for SPF 30 body products that aren't crazily priced. Did you know you need at least a shotglass worth per application? I will also probably buy this repeatedly because it's very value for money.

3. Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Lip Balm in Icy Mint SPF 30
I used to use Burt's Bees but it got way too expensive for something I lose constantly. This is actually my second purchase because I did lose the previous one less than one week. It's SPF 30 and it's P100. I like the minty feeling but don't like how it smells and feels. I will also probably repurchase because come on people, SPF 30 lip balm!

1 comment: