Friday, October 6, 2017

Brews Co.'s Single-Use Drip Coffee

This has been sitting for a while, but I've been trying a few variants of Brews Co.'s Single-Use Drip Coffee. Since everyone I know knows how much I love coffee, this was given to me as a gift. However, apparently, you can find it on shopee for P89-120 for three pieces.


As of now, I've tried Moreno, Hazelnut and Macadamia. They have a Don and Donya, which I haven't tasted. But here's what I think overall.




Packaging-wise, it's very simple outside with instructions written on the back. The instructions are easy enough to understand (however, I am a bit confused by the third panel since the bag looks like it sits on top of the cup instead of in the cup in reality). It's very easy to bring around without the mess of an accidental spill.  I generally like drip coffee in filters because clean up is a breeze (so you don't have to clean up like you would a french press). Since the bag is deeper than it is wide, I'd recommend using a container with a length that is quite a bit longer (not like the cup shown). Most single serve ones are similar. I really do believe they are all meant for on-the-go use.



As for the taste... Well, in all honesty, 5 years ago, I would have loved this. All of the variants I've tasted are on the dark side which I did like before with a little kick of flavor. I'd have added a bit of sugar/milk and enjoyed it. But now I am horribly spoilt by cold brews, nitro brews, single origin specialty coffee and the like. My tastes have also shifted to lighter roasts. I prefer not to add anything to my coffee anymore so I'm not quite pleased with this taste. To me, it's a bit too bitter/bitter-sweet. Correctable, but not ideal. 

I still encourage people to try this at least once because people have different tastes and preferences and you might like it. I also really like that it's local. So try it and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment