Monday, September 25, 2017

Snoe What's Up Brow! 3D Eyebrow Setting Mascara

During the last Snoe sale, I picked up their 3D Eyebrow Setting Mascara in Khaki. I was torn between this and another product, but I bought this instead of the tube gel since I am very lazy and this seemed like far less work. I've been using it for a month (not very consistently because, again, lazy). Here are my thoughts:



The brow mascara is a matte brown that is very pigmented. It sets in less than a minute on hair, but it takes a bit long to set on skin. I give it around 5 minutes on the latter, so it's easy to clean up if you make mistakes after doing your brows. Once dry, it'll last a good 12-16 hours if you don't touch it. Yes, even if you are sweaty and oily. HOWEVER, I once went on a spritzing spree twice in one day and didn't realize it rubbed off so it's not 100% waterproof. Idk what was in that spray. Beware. However, if I do standard facial misting (2-3 sprays), it stays on. I have tried removing it with just water, it stays put. With soap, i can wash around half off.
The tube is just a bit larger than a tube of lipstick which makes it easy to transport. However, as you can see, the original gold design it's supposed to have is already much degraded. It's not a bother but it's still a con.

My real problem with this product is that the wand is awful. I find that it's a bit too short and the wand too thick. While the length and thickness is great for my dominant side,  I have trouble controlling and seeing what I'm doing at the same time when I use it on the other side. I've been getting much better, but it's still difficult to do my brows early in the morning before my 2nd cup of coffee.

It also picks up far too much product, even if I wipe it off the inside of the tube. I wipe it off in four directions, but as I work on the other side (you can do both brows without dipping again, which is great) I will occasionally get a glob of product. And I end up with one nice, fluffy brow and a flatter painted on one (since the other will already have set). You can't really see it unless it's close up, but that's after a bit of luck and damage control. As a result, I'm taking more time than I wish to on my brows. It might be easily workable for others, but I'm afraid this much effort just isn't for me.

Swatches from left to right on top: Left is the product swiped directly from the tube and beside it is a swipe after wiping off the sides religiously. As you can see, there is a big difference in amount the brush catches on. At the time, all swatches except the first were dry. These were only one swipe each. To the right is a blended swipe and the last is another blended swipe done after the right middle one. You can see that the rightmos one is significantly darker. This product really picks up product inconsistently!


Ingredients aren't on the website. You can purchase this online both locally and internationally, but the site leaves much to be desired.

The original price for this is P799 for 7ml of product. At that price, I definitely wouldn't buy it. Even on sale at half off, I find that the brush is too difficult for me to work with, even if the product itself is quite good. This just goes to show that aside from the formula, delivery should be good as well. I think those who have better hands and skills will like this more than I have. Your mileage may vary. I might end up picking another cosmetic (probably on another sale) since I'd still like to support this Filipino brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment