Sunday, August 13, 2017

VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Spot Corrector

Sometimes, when life gives you zits, you make the best of it and try some new products.



I've been hit with a lot of zits lately due to the stress I've been under. Anyway, since I haven't been quite so acneic in a long while, I've yet to repurchase my favorite spot treatment. I actually was gonna buy another tube of that, but then I saw that VMV was on sale, so I got my grubby hands on the VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Spot Corrector.



Okay, so this spot corrector has been around for a long while, but I desisted from purchasing it as I do find this expensive at P525 for 8 grams. However, I finally bought it because it was on sale and it gave me an excuse to buy VMV again. I actually really like VMV quite a lot as a brand, but it got too expensive for a student budget quite quickly and so I shelved it and haven't bought from them in a long while.

Luckily, I chanced upon one of their boutiques and saw the SALE. I actually bought two more products as well, and I will probably review those in the future. I've been using it for the past two weeks and I think I have a feel for it now.



I've actually tossed the box somewhere, but the ingredients are at the back. I've also listed the ingredients from their US siteAqua/Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-25, Glyceryl Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Alcohol, Glyceryl Laurate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Salicylic Acid, Sulfur, PEG-30 Castor Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Phytate.

To use, dot on affected areas as needed. And I've been dotting, and dotting and dotting... because it's addicting, especially if I find myself in an airconditioned room! The product comes in an opaque tube. It comes sealed, so you're super sure no one else has used it. The foil is easy to remove, but be sure to turn it upside down for a few minutes before opening, else a bit more product will come out. Afterwards, it's easy enough to gauge how much pressure to use. On the fingers, it's a slightly thick opaque white liquid that when applied, dries as a thin, non-sticky film. It's actually best applied damp, after washing the face and putting on serum or with a mist, to lock in some hydration.

The best thing about this spot corrector for me is that I can just pop it into my bag and use it whenever I want. Granted, I don't use foundation everyday, but it layers well over sunscreen. When I'm bored, I just pick it up and layer it. The tube has a good seal, the packaging is discreet and fits nicely on the palm.

As to its zit removing power... Well, this is NOT as good for those yellow-topped friends of ours. It helps calm the area surrounding it, but once it's there, you'll need something else to finish the job. It's for those tiny bumps that want to become like their bigger friends. It definitely helps stop those, but it doesn't work overnight. It takes a few days, but it does have an effect either suppressing them or bringing them forward more quickly. What I have really been enjoying how soothing it is and how non-irritating. I've ended up using it 4 to 5 times a day. But... now I'm depleting it far too quickly.

I really wish it were still on sale. I'd definitely buy it at a reduced price but not for P525 for less than one month's worth of product. You could stretch it out longer if you don't put it in your bag to take with you, or if you have more self control. But i don't. I recommend this for those with mild acne, sensitive skin and for those this was intended for, people suffering from rosacea.

No comments:

Post a Comment