Saturday, June 17, 2017

Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Revitalising Gel Lotion

Darn it, it's been a while since I've posted something truly substantial... mostly because both phone and laptop are dying and I've been spending most of my hours lusting after things on Yugatech :))

Anyway, another thing that's dying/emptying- my tub of Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Revitalising Gel Lotion. And hitting the bottom of this tub finally moved me to write about it!





Jurlique is a brand known for its work with roses, and do they deliver. The packaging itself: from the partially pink box to the heavy black and white tub with roses embossed on the side. While not an LE, I am definitely keeping this tub. The bottom is patterned as to increase friction and keep it from sliding off your vanity which is a hidden but welcome plus.

Upon opening, you catch the scent of roses - not faint but not cloying.  The stuff itself is cream in color, thin and lotion-like in consistency and gel-like once put on the skin: This is a water based gel and it dries up quickly enough for me to put on sunblock after a few minutes without any pilling. I am not sure how this will do with make up.  I didn't really feel much of a cooling sensation (as compared to the Body Shop Gel Moisturizer), but it felt pleasant enough. By itself, it leaves my skin soft and moisturized, though it doesn't really sink in. I'd recommend using a serum under this for those with drier skin types since it probably won't be enough. The rose scent lasts a while, but then again, I use a lot of product. I am not a big fan of roses, but I do think this smells good - though potentially difficult to layer.


The photo above is unblended. A little goes a long way as it is on the runnier side.

As a moisturizer, I have no problems with it. I used it nearly daily as a day moisturizer: this is supposed to help against environmental stressors. What I don't like is that it's supposed to contain an antioxidant complex, but it's packaged in a jar, and the jar lasts quite a while so I'm not sure how much anti-oxidizing it's actually doing. I still use it and hope for the best but I think you'll need something extra after a month or so in.


Fifteen minutes after blending. As you can see in the photo above, you can see and feel the difference between the part with and without product when the light hits.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water); Glycerin; Dicaprylyl Carbonate; Rosa canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil; Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil; Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil; Biosaccharide Gum-1; Rosa gallica Flower Extract; Althaea officinalis Root Extract; Camellia sinensis Leaf Extract; Vitis vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract; Curcuma longa (Turmeric) Root Extract; Lithospermum erythrorhizon Root Extract; Tremella fuciformis Sporocarp Extract; Carrageenan; Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose; Microcrystalline Cellulose; Cellulose Gum; Xanthan Gum; Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Phospholipids; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Arginine; Tocopherol; SD Alcohol 40-A (Alcohol Denat.); Fragrance/Parfum*; Totarol; Phenoxyethanol; Ethylhexylglycerin; Chlorphenesin; Sodium Benzoate; Geraniol*; Linalool*; Citronellol*. *From Natural Essential Oil (Rose – Rosa centifolia).
-from their website, 6/16/17

This was given to me by someone, but according to online research, it retails for A$55 for 50 ml. This is not locally available and I probably would not spend this much on a moisturizer on my own. However, I would recommend this for those who have oily skin, those who  prefer paraben-free products and those partial to the scent of roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment