Sunday, March 26, 2017

Nexcare Acne Patch

So hi guys! I'm sorry this has taken so long but my laptop hasn't been very cooperative and I've been too lazy to use my keyboard. Today we will be talking about Nexcare pimple patch by 3M. This is the second brand of Acne patch I've actually tried. Thee first was from Purederm 10 years ago and I think that it's very interesting that its an old product but its here today as an in item. How the wheel turns! When i first used this and I would get comments about it and how no one knew what they were or what they did.



So what are these little patches for? Well they have come a long way from being simple camouflage items a hundred years ago to actual acne treatment. By the way, although other blogs slash publications have stated that you can use these under makeup I have never tried since it seems to be a bit to stick to be concealed properly, and neither brand matched my skin color exactly.

For their actual use, they do these in two ways. They can contain acne fighting medication such as Salycilic acid. These brand of patches do not contain that medication. Instead, they act as a hydrocolloid dressing which contains and draws up any pus or liquid that will come from your acne.



This means that uses for certain patches are different. These patches are best used for pimples that already have a head and are ready to pop. As as shown in the picture, all the grossness of my zit under the patch. The pimple beside it is not ready even though it has a small head. Leave the patch on for at least 4 hours and then take it off and see the difference. Of course like any bandage or dressing this should be put on a clean and dry surface. These particular ones are nice because they're conveniently half peeled so you do not have to touch any part of the adherent backing. These can be used for any pimple size but for me, its a waste for very tiny zits because of the price. Bigger zits may require 3 applications before they are completely flat, just keep changing just like any other wound, or if your cheap like me and you see that the remaining is a hard mass, because all the fluid is out, just take it out yourself. Do standard zit popping aftercare as needed.

These were given to me by a friend so I'm not sure how much they cost. But 3M is an expensive brand compared to others of its kind. However patches are seriously worth it is if you have problems picking on your zits. Note that some people prefer to actively pop their pimples before putting these on.

I'm not sure if it is brand is locally available but more accessible and affordable alternatives such exist and I want to try them. I will definitely buy more patches in the future just in case I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment