Monday, December 12, 2016

Dove Hair Therapy Hear Fall Rescue Shampoo

Another day, another shampoo tried. I don't know what I'll buy next after near emptying Dove's Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo.



I nearly didn't buy this because I was annoyed at Dove for not having an anti-dandruff shampoo marketed towards women... because only men get dandruff. Anyway, luckily (?) I've been more stressed out lately - and getting more hairfall as a result.  I then picked this bottle up before buying it upon realizing what Trichazole probably meant.



A look at the ingredients shows Climbazole and Zinc Gluconate. I don't know the percentage in the product but it's the 5th out of 8 lines of ingredients on the bottle. I still bought it :P

Ingredients:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethiconol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Perfume, Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Citric Acid, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, TEA-Sulfate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Mica, Disodium EDTA, PEG-45M, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Benzoate, Magnesium Nitrate , Zinc Gluconate, Climbazole, Lysine HCl, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Silica, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylated hydroxytoluene, Acetic Acid, CI 19140, CI 15985


I've liked it so far. The product is white, opaque, lathers easily and is sweet smelling. I try to use a peso sized amount leave it on the hair for a minute or longer.

What I've noticed is that it has helped my dandruff, but not my hair fall. I don't believe that's the product's fault as I do notice that my excess shedding is due to stress... What I do believe is the product's fault is its lack of claim as an anti-dandruff. Either the Climbazole is not enough to reduce dandruff (which it did for me), or Dove really doesn't believe women get dandruff in the first place, a bit like Human Heart Nature. The latter is unlikely since Dove did have a dedicated anti-dandruff shampoo that wasn't in the Men+ line before.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'd buy this product in the future because of this, but I do like it performance wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment