Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Face Shop Volcanic Ash Nose Strip

I have a little bit of downtime right now so I decided to try this pore strip from the Face Shop. Honestly, I bought this because I was a bit bummed about not getting to try the Mamonde pore stick ... at 35 pesos per strip, it was a little splurgey of me. So I only bought one.




To use, the strip instucts to be placed over a wet clean face for 15 minutes. Ingredients are listed below, containing mostly PVP and water.

I had a hard time opening the packet because of the platic's shape, but I was pleasantly surprised as I opened it:


As you can see, the wings  taper downward, which gives zero pull to the under eye, unlike the traditional strips. It's also well sized to my asian face. Though it did not have those little cuts to help fit your face, it confirmed well to my nose shape. The scent is mildly floral, but not overpowering so I didn't mind it at all.

Unfortunately, as it dried, the pockets ended up ballooning and stopped touching skin soon after. At the end of the 15 minutes, I had had only one large head removed. Even more disappointing than the Watson's strips at 2x the price. It also left me with little bits of black on my nose.

Definitely not buying that again. Wondering if I should continue trying at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment