Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Alba Botanica Acnedote Deep Pore Wash

Life has been crazy lately, but here's me trying to blog. Today will be about Alba Botanica's Acnedote Deep Pore Wash, as I've been using lately.


I've used around half a bottle of this liquid cleanser and this is what I've found:



This is a yellow-toned liquid cleanser that lathers lightly and smells nicely of peppermint, and you know how I feel about peppermint. Forgive my reddened skin, it's not the cleanser's fault as my skin's been irritable for the past few days. Still, those with sensitive skin might opt out of this since the peppermint tingle is strong, not as strong as St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser, but still palpable.


The product claims include having 100% vegetarian ingredients with no animal testing, synthetic fragrances, artificial colors, SLSs, parabens and phthalates which may entice some, but I bought this because it contains 2% salicylic acid. The main inactives are water, coco-betain and sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate with a bunch of extracts and oils (including ctirus and mint oils) which may be bad for those on the more sensitive side.


As with most "natural" products, it doesn't lather so much but it doesn't strip skin as much either. While using this, I realized that this product reminds me of Khiel's Blue Gel Cleanser - sans blueness: it contains salicylic acid and an herbal scent and feeling. This product contains no zinc or camphor though it has a higher concentration of salicylic acid and contains no propylene glycol. It is also a lot cheaper.

On the other hand, I originally bought this at Watson's for P399, then went to Healthy Options and found it sold there for around P345. So if you do buy this product and have access to a Healthy Options, get it there instead. Each bottle contains a decent 177 ml of product, though you can't really see how much you've used up. I've used up around half the bottle already without even realizing.

However, while I've found the Deep Pore Wash good at preventing zits for my normal days, it isn't quite as effective when my life is on overdrive (as it is right now). For some reason, despite containing the same active ingredient with the same amounts, my skin prefers St. Ives' version - perhaps it's the sulfates that just scrub all those zits in waiting away...

If you're looking for a plain salicylic acid wash, then I'd suggest looking at other  cheaper options first. However, if you're looking for a natural, salicylic acid wash - this has been my best and only bet so far.

Update 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment