Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Something to See: 50 Shades!

I've finally found something to like about 50 Shades of Grey.

It's 50 Shades! The Musical Parody.


As someone who has just wiki'd the story, I'd expected to be a bit lost, but virgin viewers will still have a blast!




Little background: I've never watched the movie, though I do like the soundtrack. I've also never finished the book, though I did try. Never got round to the dirty bits since I found it too badly written to proceed. This, however, was an entirely different experience. I actually enjoyed it.

Note that this is an R-rated musical, and contains a lot of explicit scenes and songs. It's strength, however, isn't in its vulgarity - but in the way it parodies the book - and other things as well. I won't spoil, but musical fans are in for a laugh. Don't expect a sultry show - though there are some very nice assets on display. It's dirty but not debauched, but can still offend a lot of sensibilities.

In this musical are a bunch of songs in different genres, which means that there's a little bit for everybody. While the cast is talented, I am especially impressed with their professionalism as they do what they do.

Cast List: Brenna Wahl, Greg Kata*, Karel Marquez*, Lorenz Martinez, George Schulze, Chloe Williamson, Kaitlin Frotton, Bituin Escalante, Chris Hodgson, Casey Rogers, Isaac Saleh and Julz Savard*.

*not seen

Special favorites: Lorenz Martinez and Kaitlin Frotton

although Christ Hodgson…


50 Shades! The Musical Parody will be running until March 20 at RCBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment