Monday, February 15, 2016

Nature Republic: 92% Aloe Vera Gel

Remember when I posted this pic when I posted about the Aloe Sheet Mask? Well, I'm now a bit more than halfway done with the gel!

Nature Republic Mini-Haul: 92% Aloe Vera Gel (left) Aloe Sheet mask (right), Green Derma Sample (bottom)

I really didn't expect what I would use it as, but here we are.

Nature Republic's 92% Aloe Vera is a soothing gel that contains aloe vera and alcohol as its primary ingredients. Each tub contains 300 ml of a clear gel. I've tried using it in various ways, but the best use for it I've found IS as a soothing gel, as the name implies… for my face and hair!

Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel


After a long day outside, I just want to relax. One of the ways to do that is by putting a bit of the gel on my face and scalp for a nice, cooling sensation. I massage it a bit on my scalp to help get rid of the dead skin build up too. If I'm feeling particularly tired, I'll put some on my feet as well. The scent is pleasant and very "green," nothing overpowering.

What I like about is that I don't have to wash my hands after applying because it doesn't leave a residue. I can chill on the couch and be on my laptop before bathing half an hour later.

What it doesn't work as?

It's not a very good sleeping mask as it tends to ball up when used with my Overnight Elixir.

It's not a very good moisturizer. It has a bit more alcohol than expected, which would dry skin over time. And it leaves the "mochi" feel that's good for the sleep mask and bad for a moisturizer you would layer over.

I also wouldn't recommend leaving this on the hair to dry. Mine gets this weird snap-crunchy feeling when I run through it with my hands after a while.

Would I buy this again? Yes, I will definitely buy this product again after I finish it. I see the long summer ahead and there is a dearth of cooling/summer products in the market.  Definitely a summer must have.


No comments:

Post a Comment