Monday, October 26, 2015

The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet

Want a light moisturiser for hot weather? Try the Body Shop's Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet.
Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet


It's a light pink gel with a candy floral scent that absorbs quickly with a cooling effect. I usually use it once daily in the morning as my moisturiser to leave my skin soft and hydrated. On the days I do use make-up, this doubles as my primer.

However, this is probably not for everyone since it contains some possible irritants/pore cloggers.




Ingredients:
Aqua/Water (Solvent), Glycerin (Humectant), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent), Silica (Absorbent), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Sodium Acrylates Crosspolymer-2 (Absorbent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Film Former), Ammonium Polyacrylolydimethyl Taurate (Emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil/Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (Emollient), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), C12-13 Pareth-23 (Surfactant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), C12-13 Pareth-3 (Emulsifier), Menthoxypropanediol (Flavour), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 14700/Red 4 (Colorant).


-Body Shop UK site, October 2015


I like that it has Vitamin E, which is effective even at low concentrations. I tried looking for a C and E mix, but was unsuccessful: The Body Shop does have a Vitamin C line but the employees in the shop I went to were unable to give me a percentage for their serum and their moisturizer came in a tub.

 With the silicone and silica content, I wouldn't recommend using this before sleeping since this makes your skin look good cosmetically - basically, make-up. Note that it contains menthol and alcohol, so make sure to try it out for a few days before committing to this product.





You can't quite see it but it does contain a lot of shiny sparkles that make a difference once blended. It looks kind of like pinkish mucus but it feels and smels quite different :))

The gel comes in a glass tub, and while I love how it looks, it should be used relatively quickly as it's scooped via fingers. At P995, it's on the expensive side for 45 grams of product. Thankfully, I got it for half off.

Will I buy again? Probably not, especially at full price. It's a nice day moisturizer/primer, but I think I'll try something a bit more moisturizing next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment