Thursday, October 29, 2015

Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Facial Serum

Oh my, I've almost finished the bottle and I've yet to talk about it.

Lazy me, once again.

Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Facial Serum
And that's not because it's bad, in fact, it's quite the opposite!


Retinol Anti-wrinkle Facial Serum first caught my eye in the BeautyBar while deciding on the Altchek Cleanser because of the vitamin A content (500,000 IU, apparently). Vitamin A derivatives are super effective. When I was younger, I thought all Vit A potions were created equal and that I'd be paying for branding, … but now I understand the importance of formulation!

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), C-12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Retinyl Palmitate, Isostearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Cyclomethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben. Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl MethyIsilanol Pectinate, Beta-Carotene.

- from Ulta's site, October 2015

Inside this opaque bottle is a bunch of vitamins: A, C and E, a combination that is supposed to be very good for the skin. The Vit A form is retinol palmitate, and I find the combination mild but still effective. 

Retinoic acid > Retinol > Retinol palmitate

For best results, use retinoic acid. But this won't give you the flaky skin that some retinoic acids cause, good for those with more sensitive skin or for those who can't afford to flake. It makes my skin smoother and brighter, visible after 2 weeks use with gradual improvement over time. I did not see any firming effects with my use.

The dropper picks up a yellow, mucus like fluid that smells slightly medicinal. 4 drops is enough for the face and the bottle will last a few months with once daily usage. I use this at night only but the manufacturer recommends use both morning and night.

Will I buy this again? Yes, if I can get it for a cheaper price here in the Philippines. While this product costs $10-20 depending on where you buy it in the US, in the Philippines, this costs a whopping P1400 or $30 at BeautyBar.

I'd actually recommend this for those in their 20s since it is very mild - reserving stronger formulations for when you need it more - and for those who are exposed to a lot of environmental pollutants since it gives antioxidant protection against daily damage, though you must remember to use sunblock. For those who have the slightest chance of getting pregnant, you might want to steer clear of this product.


No comments:

Post a Comment