Friday, October 23, 2015

Aloe Derma Pure Aloe Vera Gel

I'm on an aloe vera train right now, kickstarted by Aloe Derma's Pure Aloe Vera Gel.


It's 99% organic aloe vera juice that can be used for burns, bites and beauty purposes! What makes this  different? In the case of active plant ingredients, the plant and processing can really make a difference. Aloe Derma boasts of a quality product that can be used medically:


While evidence is poor, aloe vera has been used as an anti-inflammatory for millenia because, well, it seems to work. There are also benefits to taking aloe vera orally, but this is no oral preparation.

I have several samples and what I do is to use around 1g of the clear gel for my face and neck as a moisturiser. The gel is cool and easy to apply, but it gives a sticky finish that is hard to layer over. While it gives some hydration, it's not as good as a cream or oil so I wouldn't recommend this for constant use. For me, it's main use is when I know my skin is irritated and about to develop zits. It's able to calm my skin down  from red to normal and stops bumps before it progresses to pizza pustules.

I'd recommend using this for minor minor burns, other skin irritations and sensitive skin. As for those with acne, either use this as a moisturiser or use it alternately with a spot treatment.

This product is available at Watsons. Other products from this brand are becoming available at the supermarket and BeautyMNL, but I haven't seen the gel around.

Will I buy? Yes, as soon as I run out of samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment