Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sushi Foodie

With all the Japanese restos around the Metro, I'm surprised it's the first time I've seen a sushi place (that's not a mall kiosk) catered specifically to those who want sushi on the go.

There was only a small variety of selections in Sushi Foodie (the place is relatively new, and I came relatively late in the day) so I chose the set below for P162 (~$3.5) because it looked like the most filling and appetising option. They had some cans of CC Lemon and a few other drinks, but it wasn't cold, so I declined.


Sushi Foodie P162 Set
Sushi Foodie P162 Set
As seen above, there are 8 pieces of maki divided into 3 pieces of nigirizushi, 1 piece inarizushi (3rd from top) and 4 makizushi (bottom 4).



There is also a small decorative divider on the lowermost part of the container containing a serving of soy sauce and wasabi. The chopsticks were the only bits not pre-packaged. I liked it because it seemed more put together.

Sushi Foodie Condiments
The soy sauce was a fish packet. I was amused to see this little fishy - it's been quite a while. The wasabi was in an individual packet. I didn't use the wasabi but this wasabi packet was sealed and served long before expiration.

The soy sauce serving was more than enough for the sushi. I used the cover for the soy sauce to insure that I wouldn't put too much on each piece and dipped accordingly.

Sushi Foodie P162 Set
Sushi Foodie P162 Set (opened)
The makizushi (on the right) wasn't anything special, and I would have liked to see a set without them or exchanged for something better. The other pieces were quite good for its price. Since it was at the end of the day, it wasn't very fresh and some of the fish were on the dry side. I think it would be better to buy closer to opening hours.

If I were to choose, I'd say I liked their inarizushi best. I do like tofu, and it had the right amount of sweetness and juiciness for me. Sushi Foodie m sells a small inarizushi set.

I think I'll return here one day soon.

Sushi Foodie is located at the ground floor of Manila Executive Regency at Bocobo Street, Ermita, Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment