Friday, July 17, 2015

Nivea Body UV Whitening Serum

During my previous posts, I complained about the old Nivea Body Milk but said that I was using the Nivea Body UV Whitening Serum as part of my summertime sun-sparers.

Nivea Body UV Whitening Serum

Bought during the great Nivea sale, did I regret this purchase?



Nope. I bought it for around P100 ($2), though its original price was at around P200 ($4). This was one of the few times I felt that sales were appropriately priced for the economy.

The serum is actually a thin, watery white lotion-like substance that dries quickly and non-sticky on the skin. The SPF 25 and PA++ is enough for me on most days, though my skin still turns red if I go out into the sun during the peak hours of summer (9 am - 3 pm). This isn't generally a problem since I try to stay indoors during that time or use another product with stronger SPF. SPF 25 is ok but SPF30 is the recommended number for everyday use. I'm pretty ok with the 5 number trade off for how not gross my skin feels at the end of the day. However, if you go out during the hottest time of day, I'd recommend using a stronger sunblock than this.

The scent is more lotion-like than sunblock like and lasts until nightfall. Honestly though, for true skincare enthusiasts, this product would be best applied at night to protect the skin from nighttime UV light with a stronger sunblock used (over it) in the morning. Maybe if I used it properly, I'd see better results: this product promised radiant and lighter skin within 14 days, but I did not see this effect. I didn't get darker while using this product, so I'd consider that adequate enough performance for its use.

I actually wish I'd hoarded this product during the sale, but I was a bit leery because of my previous experience with the Nivea Body Whitening Milk Repair. I'd buy this again, even at full price.

No comments:

Post a Comment