Friday, January 30, 2015

New Year, 2015

Before the month ends, here’s my post for the new year. Or, here's me trying to post more than I usually do!

Last year, I tried for at least 4 posts a month to keep me going... and more or less succeeded. I'm really happy because it’s so hard to achieve some of the goals I’ve set for myself (as seen by a review of posts of the past), and I'm glad I was able to do at least this. Because I believe that you should:

Set tangible goals for you to see how you’ve improved. It’s easy to say I’ll be a better person next year, but how will you actually show you’ve improved?

Celebrate reaching your goals, no matter how little. A little motivation goes a long way.

This year, I'll try to post a little more… and hopefully improve upon my writing. Looking back at previous posts, I can’t really find a voice in what I’m reading. It’s all just a jumble of words and thoughts to me. While I’m madly jelly of authors (published or otherwise) that can create universes in their own heads, and share this with others – I’m also a bit green about those that can express their thoughts in words… in a style so distinctive that they have their own voice (like when you hear Morgan Freeman in your head).

This year, I hope to find my own voice. And I’m not quite sure how to do that except by learning to be more comfortable with my own words on metaphorical paper.

A belated western new year to everyone, and an early happy chinese new year.




No comments:

Post a Comment