Monday, September 1, 2014

Dr. Kauffman Medicated Sulfur Soap

I have mixed feelings about sulfur, since while it's supposed to help acne, it's also drying and possibly anti-exfoliative. And as nice as the color is, the smell of rotting eggs isn't really that appetizing.

However, as in a previous post, I still use it as a face and body soap once a day, in order to both cut down on product usage and to get rid of all the stuff I have in my closet. Which soap did I buy?


What I like about this product is that it doesn't smell very sulfuric (no egg smell!), and none of the "medicinal" scent is left behind after rinsing it off. It helps control breakouts of acne of the face and body quite cheaply. It doesn't do anything for cystic acne. It doesn't lather well, but as a result lasts quite long. As a bar soap, it doesn't melt quickly, which also increases its lifespan. It has a clearly marked expiration date on the side of the packaging, so I know until when it's good for.

What I don't like is that this sulfur soap is a bit drying so I really can't use it more than once a day, even if the instructions on the box is to use it twice daily.

Ingredients: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sulfur, Perfume, Zinc Oxide, Lanolin, Water, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cl 21108, Cl 12490

I'd recommend those with oily skin and those with mild break outs to try this out for a few weeks. I wouldn't recommend this for those with very bad acne or for those with dry skin.

Will I buy this again? Nah. After 3 bars of this soap with ok but not stellar results, I'd like to try something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment