I went to a Starbucks in Makati recently and bought the Frap below. It's sad because Makati has this thing against plastic so even iced drinks are served in paper cups. While it might be better for the environment, it's hard to get used to. I like seeing how much I have left, thanks very much.
Anyway, for those who spend a lot on Starbucks's beverages, there's the Starbucks Card introduced just this month.
How to use:
1. Buy the card for P300 - it has P300 usable load.
2. Use the Starbucks card to earn stars.
3. Reload with P100 increments when desired.
12 stars = 1 free grande beverage
Decent, when you consider that CBTL swirl cards give you around half that value. Then again, internets!
There's a time and a place for either :)
If you're into the Starbucks thing, consider registering your card at their site, you can get:
1. 1 free beverage upon registration
2. 1 slice of cake on your birth month (upon purchase of a beverage)
Mind you, their network both online and in-store is still kind of buggy. Also, if you value your privacy, this might be more invasive than you'd like.
If you do get a card, remember to keep it in a safe place since it does have money inside!