Thursday, May 16, 2013

Beauty Secrets at the Spa

Due to time constraints, my parents gave me a voucher to use to Beauty Secrets at the Spa in Grand Emerald Tower. Though I decided, thanks to my latest facial experience, that I disliked facials that did not come from my derma, I couldn't turn it down since no one else would use it.

Here's how it went: I set an appointment and showed up exactly on time. I was asked if I was in a hurry, and I said that I wasn't. Listened to Lady A talk to a client about diet and going organic. 30 minutes later, I asked them when they would be able to accomodate me. I was given a reply: 15 minutes longer. I berated them for it, and though they apologized, I was already very annoyed: why bother setting an appointment if they would give others without them precedence? The service was supposed to take 45 minutes, and I should have been done with it by that time. Punctual? No.

I went inside a cubicle, finally, so Lady A (a doctor, I think) could examine my skin. I won't reiterate my conversation with her, but there were some not so subtle cues to buy products or add on to the service. The receptionist already tried when I first came in. I rebuffed all of them, already in a bad mood. It got even worse when I was told to use ice everyday to shrink my pores.

The doctor left and another woman, Lady B, came in (don't know if it was a doctor or not, by this point, I really didn't care). She cleaned my face with Neutrogena, I think, and aqua sponges. She also used a layer of 35% glycolic acid before steaming. After which, the usual extraction and cauterization before the diamond peel. She had a light hand and the process was bearable.

I left around 45 minutes later.

Though I liked the way Lady B treated my skin, I will NOT return. I cannot trust a doctor who tells me that ice tightens pores. Pores can be "shrunk" by lasers and drugs, but the idea that ice could work when it's used everyday...

I did spot a CO2 laser machine, and the service was good, so this place may be for those who want such services (price unknown)- but a basic facial + diamond peel at the full price (P1445 - according to the voucher) is definitely out of my price range when I can get more back out of my buck with my derma. More importantly, the product pushing and misinformation, even unknowingly, is a big turn off for me.

Next day: New zits. I guess I can't really blame them since you aren't supposed to DP when you have zits. Since the zits did have a specific pattern... Lesson learned: acne really sucks.  Peeling present, but I'm not sure if it's because of the DP or the glycolic. My nose was defintely clear of blackheads though.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend this place. But if you have the budget, you might want to try them yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment