Thursday, October 25, 2012

Review: Sunsilk Pink

I’ve always found myself conflicted about brand re-imaging, repackaging and reformulating. In fact, I feel the same way about any type of change in general. Sometimes, I feel like I’ve lost an old friend, as I felt with the Skintel change. However, I was delighted by the not-so-recent renewal by Sunsilk as it seemed to spur on innovation in other hair brands.


Sunsilk pink or Sunsilk Co-creations Smooth & Managable under Yuko Yamashita -because she is supposed to be a straight & smooth hair expert- is supposed to keep your hair more manageable with it’s Keratin Yogurt Nutri-Complex®.

Sunsilk Co-creations Smooth & Manageable Conditioner (left) and Sunsilk Co-creations Smooth & Manageable Shampoo (right)
Sunsilk Co-creations Smooth & Manageable Conditioner (left) and Sunsilk Co-creations Smooth & Manageable Shampoo (right)


I have forgotten how much this costed but it was less than P200 (around $5) for the lot.

Ingredients
Shampoo:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethiconol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Perfume, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Glycol Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydrantoin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Lysine HCI, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yogurt Powder, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, CI 17200

Conditioner:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Perfume, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Methylparaben, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, Lysine HCI, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yoghurt Powder, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiozolinone, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Citric Acid, , Potassium Sorbate, CI 17200

 This info came from the 90ml shampoo bottle and 180 ml conditioner bottle I finished.

Sunsilk Co-creations Smooth & Manageable Conditioner (left) and Sunsilk Co-creations Smooth & Manageable Shampoo (right)
Sunsilk Co-creations Smooth & Manageable Conditioner (left) and Sunsilk Co-creations Smooth & Manageable Shampoo (right)



Wow, that’s a lot of ingredients! I have no idea how yogurt powder and hydolyzed keratin are supposed to make my hair more manageable if they’re at the middle of the ingredients list. Anyway, since I used this as a set, I can’t separate the two.

Yays
  • The manufacturing date and time are clearly stamped at the back, so you know how old the product is.
  • Pink and glittery shampoo! It’s a nice little luxury that can sometimes cheer me up.
  • Pleasant, long lasting scent. In certain conditions, it can last for around 24 hours. This is actually one of my favourite things about this set.
  • Good lather. Not that it helps with cleaning power, but it does feel nice. It also cleans my scalp well, so I’ll stick it in the same bullet.
  • My hair is more maneagable after: a bit straighter and sleeker. No effects on shine.

Nays
  • Top side up shampoo, but top side down conditioner. Some people might see it as a plus, but I don’t. I am not an idiot! Why is it that most shampoo and conditioner sets I see are made that way. I will not confuse one for the other! I find it much easier to have products that are top side down in order to better get the last, stubborn bits out.
  • It’s hard to get the amount of conditioner right. Too much and it will take forever to rinse out of your hair.

Okays
  • This is a pretty basic set that weighs your hair down with silicone. I’d recommend it for those who want straighter hair on a budget. Those who want volume need not apply.
I actually know a guy who uses this conditioner. I’m not sure about what shampoo he uses but his hair is amazing! It is straight and shiny and pretty!

Buy Again? No. While it worked on the guy above, it didn’t quite work for me. I’d rather look for something that I’d like better: I really don’t want to spend ages rinsing conditioner out.



*sigh* I wish I could take better pictures but alas, I have no decent camera and thus, have not the motivation to take decent pics. :( Also, formatting problems. I'm never using word again for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment